Sunday, June 2, 2013

Free Writing, Week 3 assignment

My inspiration for writing today is a card I have on my desk that a friend picked randomly for me from a set a cards she has (I forget what they are called, but they look similar to tarot cards, only with phrases on them). The card says on the front "My Goal of Happiness Is Important Enough". The back tells of how in this lifetime I did not have any specific goals besides the intentions of being happy and being an uplifter and having continued growth. In this time, I am the creator of how these are to be achieved. This message could not have come at a better time for me. I often look toward the future as the place where my happiness lies. I have been raised in such a way that I feel I must do a lot for others and work hard before I can be happy myself although I know this is an untrue way of looking at things. It is important enough for me to be happy now. I have been saying this to myself everyday since I got the card, hoping it will eventually sink in. Some days it does and some days I seem to backtrack and feel like I have to please everyone else first. I am learning though. I becoming more in tune with my spirit, my Higher Self, the Creator, Source, Love everyday in a circling spiral but at least it is an upward spiral. I am being reminded daily of taking even a few moments to connect and am so very grateful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment