Sunday, June 9, 2013

Week 4 assingment, Publication Process

I was excited to actually be submitting something I wrote for publication. I have submitted poetry before back when I was a teenager but never really got published in anything. I still have heard nothing back from the Maverick Magazine I submitted to and tomorrow is their deadline for publication. It is a little disappointing not to hear anything back (which is probably why I stopped trying after a couple months of sending out query letters after graduating college several years ago). I know I just need to do more writing and keep submitting articles to many different places to become published in my field. I definitely believe it is worth it when you have your own private practice.
There is a lot more I want to write about that is closer to my heart than the weight management article I wrote; however, I thought using how hypnotherapy can affect weight loss would have a wider appeal to the general public and better chance of getting published and attracting new clients. I feel like I have a lot to learn still about publishing articles. This class though has begun the ball rolling for me with it and has allowed me to take up writing again in a more inspired manner. I believe once I have more experience with hypnotherapy, my writing of it will become much richer and more likely to be published.
I enjoyed the process and was glad I had a driving force (the assignment for class) to get me to do it. Otherwise, I may have put it off until I decided not to do it at all. I am really glad I submitted something and felt empowered doing so. I am curious as to whether I will receive a reply back or a confirmation that the article was received, but luckily, I'm usually too busy to dwell on it.
Next time I will probably choose a publication that is less general and has more to do with my field. With greater experience in my field in the future, I believe I will have more confidence in writing about hypnotherapy as well. I will certainly be submitting for publication again in the future. I am grateful for what I have learned with this experience and will apply it in the future in my journey to become published. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment