Saturday, May 25, 2013

Week 2: Inspiration

I suppose in daily life I seek inspiration in a lot of places. I've started posing three questions to myself every morning which are 1) what am I excited about today?, 2) what am I thankful for today?, and 3) what am I committed to making happen today? Asking myself these questions has inspired me to live more productively, enthusiastically, and gratefully so far (I've been doing this for about a week now).
Another place I seek inspiration even though it may seem silly is on Facebook. I have made my news feed to show only things from pages that have inspiring quotes and messages that correlate with what I believe in and how I choose to see the world such as living naturally, empowering myself, seeing the world move into greater awareness and love and a higher dimension, etc. It is very inspiring for me as well as I check it once or twice a day.
I also seek inspiration from my husband. He is probably the most positive and strongest person I know, is very ambitious and motivated, and is always supportive of me and my very large goals. I am very lucky to have someone to look up to that inspires me so much and keeps me on track, even when it feels hard to stay that way.
Also I use essential oil blends that inspire me as well. The one that is my favorite is call "Live with Passion". I put one drop on my hand in the morning (it is expensive but potent), rub my hands together, inhale them deeply, and brush off my aura with them before reading my affirmations. If I need a pick-me-up or to clear my head throughout the day, I will choose an essential oil to dab on and inhale as well. It is amazing how clearing and uplifting they can be.

To apply my daily life inspirations to writing, I could also ask myself similar questions that I do to start my day with. I would figure out what I would be excited to learn about or talk about and decide my topic that way. Even going into writing with a sense of gratitude would help inspire it too. I would determine what I am committed to creating with the piece I was writing and would set that as my intention for it. I may look at some inspiring quotes to get me going as well like the things I often see on Facebook. Then I would inhale an appropriate essential oil and pray for guidance in my writing as I connect to the place of spirit within. I believe my writing will be very inspired and much better from doing these things!

As of now, it depends whether inspiration guides my writing or not. I have never set up a system for it, so sometimes I will think about the given topic for a few days before writing. However, usually with a set topic, this is not a good thing for me because I cannot think of anything I want to write about until I sit down to write. I sometimes put writing off and build up the dread of it in my mind which makes no sense, because once I start, I really enjoy it and feel inspired. I guess it would be better for me to do the things that would inspire me beforehand as I have mentioned above instead of trying to think of a topic and making it out to be a greater task than it is in my mind. As for my style, I don't really know how to answer if inspiration guides it. I guess inspirations guides my writing style. I don't really think much about my style though since I assume my writing style is just how I write naturally.
I don't believe my writing style blocks my inspiration at all. I write in the style that I think so if anything, my writing style increases my inspiration. I always feel more inspired after I have sat down and written something. In fact, writing about inspiration has left me feeling quite inspired. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment