Friday, May 17, 2013

Creative Writing Sample

This post is for school. I normally would not write about an inanimate object, but I guess this is to get creative juices flowing. Plus nothing is really inanimate as everything is in motion on a molecular even if we perceive it as solid and still, right? Anyway, I guess I will find something:

I live in a great place and have the best spot in the house. I get plenty of sunlight unless the woman keeps the curtain over the door. I am hyacinth plant and live in a glass jar with water that goes past my bulb.
Last autumn when I was just a baby I was brought here by a lady who had kept me in a very cold refrigerator. It was so nice to be brought here and placed in the sun where I get to observe everyone who comes in. I have seen many different people. My roots used to be so short when I was young and I had plenty of room to grow in my first container. However a few months ago, my roots were so long, I was so cramped. She tried to put me in different glasses, but nothing worked until she finally brought in a large one where my roots don't even touch the bottom yet.
Also several months ago, I bloomed....twice! I had the prettiest flowers. I received many complements and was held often and smelled. I can tell I'm still loved and cared for, but it's not quite the same as during the prime of my life when I was in bloom. My leaves are long now and still growing, but the very tips are dry and brown. Not sure why as I have plenty of water and sun. Maybe it's just old age.
I've grown up here beside Lemon Balm who gets to have her roots in the dirt. She's been a nice companion and has stayed strong and steadfast by my side, although sometimes she is further away as the window box is turned around to vary the direction she grows in. She is a total sun addict and is always reaching for it.
Recently, a bouquet of cut flowers has been put nearby. They are beautiful and for a bit I admit I was a little jealous. However, I can see they are all dying a slow death. Now I just feel bad for them as I think they were deformed at the root when they came. It is nice to have the brightness around for a bit while they last though.
If I could give any advice, I would advise someone put me near that tall, handsome bamboo across the room sitting on that bookshelf. I've seen him over there since I was tall enough to see over the window box and got my first blooms. He doesn't get much sun and sometimes seems a little lonely over there but he just keeps growing proud, tall, and strong. Now that's a plant!
I would also advice the woman to find out why I have dry tips on my leaves and do something about it. Other than that I have a nice life here and hope to stay for a while. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment